Sunday, September 20, 2009

Home at Last

I am finally home. This was the first vacation where I actually felt more rested when I got home than I did when I left. That is a rare treat indeed so thank you to everyone who made it possible. I missed my little ones something fierce and I'm glad to be back and doing my part in holding down the fort. I think God is working on my about something. My dad and I talked about this a bit while out in the Canoe, and then God worked on me about it a bit more that night. Judging. I didn't even know this was a problem but it turns out that I had been doing it to my own little brother for a long time and it was creating a rift between us. I was having breakfast with him and his wife when I felt it was the perfect time to apologize to him for it and tell him how proud I am of many of his decisions. It turns out that the night before he had been talking to his wife, Amber, about me and how it seemed like I was mad at him about something. What I said to him was exactly what he needed to hear from me apparently and he thought that Amber had talked to me that morning. She hadn't, but God had. So now I'm back at home and I'm fighting with something. I am more than a little upset with the behavior of one of my neighbors. I want to have a civil conversation with them and work this out, because they have been good friends for nearly a year now. A single misunderstanding later and my wife and I are getting bashed to all of our friends. So now I'm trying to avoid judging them, or being angry with them. Perhaps this is just meant to be a lesson. It affected my child, so I'm having a harder time with it than I normally would. Just goes to show though, that most conversations I have with my dad end up having a direct impact on my life almost immediately. Now how does he do that???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your dad's a pretty cool guy. It's too bad, but we seemed to have switched places last week. I was on the Big Island though. How do you live in Hawaii? The weather is exactly the same there every day - 84 and humid.